The operation of industrial filter cloth is a critical process employed in various industries to separate solids from liquids. Filter cloths play a pivotal role in enabling solid materials to coalesce and facilitate the filtration process. In this filtration process, slurry, a liquid containing suspended solids, may be passed through any filtration machines such as filter presses or other specialized filtration equipment, depending on the industry's requirements.
In the initial stages of this filtration process, small particles flow through the filter cloth, while larger particles are retained on the cloth's surface. Over time, a layer of cake, composed of these larger particles, accumulates on the filter cloth. This cake layer acts as an additional filter for smaller particles, progressively enhancing filtration efficiency. The cake layer obtained from this process is referred to as "CAKE," while the filtered liquid that passes through the filter cloth is known as "FILTRATE."
Key considerations for customers in the filtration process include:
- Filtrate Clarity The quality of the liquid after passing through the filter cloth.
- Filtration Time The duration required for the filtration process.
- Cake Release The ease of removing the cake from the filter cloth after completing the filtration.
- Clogging Prevention Measures to prevent the clogging of the filter cloth.
- Cake Moisture The moisture content of the cake after the filtration process.